Monday, October 03, 2011

Artist's Statement

Nature photography has always been an interest for me because it can’t be controlled as well as photographing people or objects. I like the spontaneity of nature yet I like being able to portray it from a different point of view.

Photographing animals is always enjoyable because they are playful and unpredictable. I can’t always tell them what to do and expect them to do it; I just hope that they do something that is interesting. I also enjoy showing how they interact with their surroundings.

I enjoy landscapes because I can photograph the same scene with different camera settings and it can turn out differently every time. There is more control in photographing landscapes because they don’t move so I can go back and get the right shot that I will need, in case I don’t get it just right the first time around.

No comments: