Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Artist Statement

As an amateur photographer, I have enjoyed taking photographs of scenery and architecture. In May of 2011, I took a photography study abroad class in London. I really loved the beautiful buildings and the area I was surrounded by. I wanted to capture the uniqueness that I have never seen in the states and share it with those who also have never seen it.

When I see a building that has been impacted by history and has seen things that no one else has seen, I feel like I am sharing in that moment. Every crack of foundation I feel that there is a story that can be shared through photography.

I am currently trying to become more involved as a photographer and trying to bring out what I feel is the most important part of a photo. Through more practice I hope to share what I feel about a building or scene so that others can know the role it has played in history.

No comments: