Monday, October 03, 2011

Artist Statement

Photography is another way in which to see the world. The image produced is my interpretation of the subject. One scene or subject matter can be photographed many different ways based on individual interpretations. It is this objectivity that excites me. My photographs show others how I perceive the world around me and how I interact with it. I want my photographs to display how I see things.

I tend to do close-ups because they show my subject in its simplest form. Without context provided by other objects in a photo, the viewer is forced to create their own meaning or interoperation of the photo. I want viewers to look at my photos with a sense of curiosity. Meaning that I want to make them work on their own meaning of what I photographed, I don’t want it to be so obvious.

No comments: